Monday, December 22, 2008

Happy Birthday Joshie!




My oldest nephew Joshie turned 8 years old today! Look how handsome and daper he is. He is such a cute little gentleman. He is very thoughtful and very honest. Wow. This is sounding like a children's book huh!
.
.
"See Josh be a gentleman"
"Josh is very thoughtful. See Josh be thoughtful"
"See Josh run. Josh is a honest runner."
.
.
Anyway...
.
.
He wants to be a safety officer when he's older (previously a police officer but I think it's changed a bit). In fact for his birthday this morning he got: Caution Tape, a Reflecter Vest and some Orange Cones. Since there's a lot of snow right now I asked if he was going to use his safety gear to help out his neighbors and he replied "Auntie Krista, you don't get me." What??? He went on to explain "Those are for playing not for helping the neighbors. The neighbors have to help themselves." So he's a lazy Safety Officer. Perhaps if the neighbors get donuts he'll lend them a helping hand.
.
.
He would make a good Officer though due to his strong ethics and strong sense of what's right and what's wrong. For example: Josh is not allowed to watch PG or PG-13 movies (I know, I know...I feel the same way). One time when I was watching him I wouldn't change the channel to something "G" despite his protests. I tried to explain why it was OK. Well he got furious with me and left the room. A few minutes later he came back with a colored piece of paper and gave me my pink slip! It's all about the rules with him.
.
.
In any case - I remember when Joshie was born and waiting all day and night at the hospital with the rest of the family. Once he was officially born I called every person I stinking knew to tell them the good news. I couldn't wipe the grin from my face for months.
.
.
Thank you Joshie for being born. You always make Auntie Krista very proud! I love your guts!






No comments: