Saturday, December 13, 2008

Edward and long-lost hikes

So I finally finished the TWILIGHT series and now have my life back. I can start doing my laundry, cleaning my kitchen and get more than 4 hours of sleep at night. But I saw this picture of Hugh Jackman on the internet and couldn't help but think that if Edward had become a vampire at an older age this is what he'd look like. SWOON!

And I know I take a risk of being mobbed by a bunch of 14-year-old (and 30-year-old women for that matter) by saying this but I wasn't completely won over be Edward. There were no flaws to love and adore. I like Jacob because he would challenge Bella...guys like Edward don't last forever. Guys like Jacob are more realistic. Sorry - I'm head over heart little girls - please take your pitchforks and go back home despite my opinion!




But in other thoughts - I totally miss summer hikes right now. I have this race tomorrow and it's going to be STINKING cold! Perhaps even snowy. I don't even know if my muscles will ever get warm enough. So here is a picture for me to hold on to: This is from the Tatoosh Ridge hike that Big D and I did. We parked a car on each end of the trail so it was 11 miles of one-way wonderment and sweaty bliss. Getting up the steep switchbacks to this point were so worth it. Our trail was dug into the steep slant of the hillside and we could see Rainier (pictured), St. Helens and Adams. Bliss I say...





No comments: