Saturday, December 27, 2008

Finally Free!

The snow is melting, my car is free and yesterday I was able to go play in the woods. I was SOO stinking excited to get out!

See how excited I am? I really did feel like one of those dogs that's locked up in a kennel all day and now I was out and about. It was cold, snowing, windy, wet and I was so excited to be there!



And with me is my best friend, outdoor companion and all around favorite person, Diane. We decided to a do a trail close to home and right off a main road - I mean, they did just declare a State of Emergency in King County so I suppose we shouldn't push it. Besides, Diane and I are known to get into "situations" on some hikes. Yes, we've had to hike out in pitch black before and yes, something did growl at us. *shudder*



So I think this trail was only 3 miles to the top and had a healthy, gradual incline. Usually this trail is quite crowded and we avoid it but yesterday was perfect.
I was in such glee that I went "Timber!" sideways into the snow. Diane caught the moment. I was suprised at how numb I quickly got!



I really don't think this picture does the scene justice. I felt like I was hiking in a Robert Frost poem. It was just so peaceful with the snow all around and the fog swirling among the trees. Here's Diane representing her Bank To Bay shirt - woot!

And finally we get to the top. It was super windy and cold but we still took our moments to reflect. Here is Diane, being one with nature.


And I was still so excited to be out and about that I started doing cartwheels and roundoffs! I was doing so well that I asked Diane to videotape me. And of course, once she pushed "record" I couldn't stop falling on my face. Perfect.
OH - and I have *no* idea how to turn this video vertical so you're going to have to sit sideways to enjoy it.

No comments: