Sunday, February 1, 2009

Puppy Bowl Weekend


So I couldn't find a promo pic for PUPPY BOWL V so PUPPY BOWL IV will have to do. A very exciting weekend and if it wasn't for the Puppy Bowl we would of gone to Big D's cabin but instead decided to do a day-snowshoeing trip the day before the Puppy Bowl. A little bit of working out in the fresh air before the spirits and gluttony that accompany PUPPY BOWL.





Above see the Snowshoe crew - Me, Andrea, Big Bro and Big D. Were quite colorful huh! And I love Andrea's hat....but I digress.







It was really cool to cross this bridge in the winter time - and quite scary too! This is a trail I usually do in the summer (and sometimes pitch black summer with the nocturnal animals) so it was quite bizarre to see so much snow on this bridge. But the water was stinking gorgeous - it was flowing among and around the ice that had formed on the rocks.






Big Bro took a picture of this water frozen up in time. Like Narnia. Right?



Anyway - I love how we all take a break on the trail and eat our trail mix, cookies, sandwiches and then Big D bust out some tupperware with some scrumptious vegetarian, gluten-free dish. She's obviously done this before.



Our trail intersected Iron Horse trail so we cruised on that for a bit until we encountered the washout. How stinking sad. I immediately realized this will alter some of my summer plans - the lesser known trails that are only accessible by Iron Horse - the geocaches - and then I thought of the bikers. I don't mountain bike (rock to forehead at a young age - traumatic) but this is a popular trail for bikers. I hope they fix it soon.



So after taking in the view (Granite Peak straight ahead) we decided to take our pit stop for some cocoa and peppermint Schnapps. Which, really, is the best part of winter outdoor excursions.



Picture taken courtesy of Big Bro. If it looks cold it's because it was cold. I ended up having two servings to ensure my warmth for the trip back.




And just so you folks would know how I felt this is my view from sitting in the snow, drinking my peppermint schnapps and cocoa and taking in the view. I love Washington. Even in the seasons where it covers my favorite hikes and restricts me from my summer runs.



And I big Congratulations to Matilda who was voted MVP for this year's PUPPY BOWL! I was fairly sure Eli would be taking it home but Eli was no match for Matilda's speed and endless energy. I'm looking forward to who takes it home next year for PUPPY BOWL VI!

No comments: