Sunday, February 8, 2009

Motivation List



So today I did a little run in Seattle with my Dawg Shannon - who graciously took Jenny's place at the last minute. Hope you're feeling better Jenny! I can't wait to do the redemption run with you.

So, as usual, I broke one the race rules. I started off fast and overconfident. And I blame it on The Nookie. By Limp Bizkit. That song just makes me feel punk and makes me want to speed thru the crowd. I seriously could not run without music. I can barely run with music!

Therefore I have put together some of my top motivating running songs. I really like taking the time to browse the web to see what songs motivate others when they run. It's all about beat and attitude of the song for me. And unfortunately I am not cultured in music like Wohnster is - I'm a generic radio song girl myself. Unless it was on a soundtrack. I usually only buy soundtracks so I can experience a new variety of music. Ok...I'm getting off track. Here it goes!

  • Nookie - Limp Bizkit. Pure punk attitude takes over my legs and makes me pass people!

  • Down - 311.

  • Sure Looks Good To Me - Alicia Keys. It just feels like a triumphant song.

  • I Have Decided - Amy Grant. It's motivated me off and on since I listened to her record at age 6. A higher power is pushing me along! Woot!
  • Can't Stop - Red Hot Chili Peppers. I consider it more of a message to me. No walking Krista, keep moving.

  • Single Ladies - Beyonce. A new song but just picturing that video keeps me inspired. I mean, she works it.

  • D*mmit - Blink 182.

  • Circus - Britney Spears. I'm not ashamed of this at all. Thanks for keeping me going Britney. Glad to see you again. You're like a firecracker...

  • Crazy B*tch - Buckcherry.

  • Clocks - Coldplay. The rhythm really does hypnotize me and helps block out the pain...

  • Insane in the Membrane - Cypress Hill. Word to your Moms, I came to drop bombs...

  • Til I Collapse - Eminem. This is for raw, gritting your teeth up a hill motivation. Cuz I would never dream to talk back to Eminem either - thanks me intimidating me and keeping me going.

  • American Boy - Estelle. Another new song but such a happy, bouncy rhythm.

  • I Can't Get No Sleep/Insomniac - Faithless. It kinda gives me anxiety but really does speed me up.

  • Gangsta Folk - Flight of the Conchords. Makes me laugh and I forget being tired.

  • Welcome to the Jungle & Paradise City - Guns 'N Roses. This is beneficial when I'm bouncing back from a bad mile or something. Back in effect man!

  • Rock Star - Hole.

  • Dirt Off Your Shoulder - Jay Z.

  • Get Right - Jennifer Lopez. Seriously, no joke. This is one of the best songs to run to - I think it's the sassy saxophone!

  • Let it Rock - Kevin Rudolf & Lil Wayne.

  • Just Dance - Lady Gaga.

  • LDN - Lily Allen.

  • Love Today - Mika. Thanks for keeping me optimistic.

  • Kerosene - Miranda Lambert. I love pissed off chicks.

  • I Know I Can - Nas. Thanks for the encouragement Nas!

  • If Everyone Card - Nickelback. I had a good experience with this song towards the end of a long race. I started crying out of joy. Thanks Nickelback - it was a good moment.

  • Ex-Girlfriend - No Doubt.

  • The Music of the Night - Phantom of the Opera. Just try it.

  • Stuck in the Middle with You - Stealers Wheel. Helps me relax. Plus, I love college memories and Mr. Blonde.

  • B.O.B. - Outkast. Remember Dre running in this video?

  • Passenger Seat - SheDaisy.

  • Ain't No Fun - Snoop Dogg.

  • Strongbad Freestyle - Strongbad.

  • Jackie's Strength - Tori Amos. Surprised me too.

  • Panama - Van Halen.

  • I Get Around - 2Pac.

  • Gimme That... - Eazy E. I almost feel bad but it works for me. Don't judge.

  • Volcano Girls - Veruca Salt.

  • Going On - Gnarls Barkley.

Sheesh...that's a long list. I feel like I just ran after writing this stinking post! Let's end with this picture:





So once TROY came out I was over my Orlando Bloom phase. But obviously he's filming a new movie and has this tree tattoo on his chest for it. And I'm enamored. Trees and shirtless boys are two of my favorite things and he combined them - SWOON!!

4 comments:

Three Peas said...

Great list. I use Britney songs a lot. It has a good beat!

I also like "Jump" by House of Pain, "It Take Two" by Rob Base, "Bust A Move" by Young MC and "Humpty Dance" by Digital Underground.

For some reason late 80's/early 90's rap music really gets me going...go figure.

Wohn said...

Honestly. The entire Blackout CD is great for working out. Current work-out favorites you can download to add some spice (Single Ladies - great choice):

Shattered Glass - Britney
Poker Face - Lady GaGa
Calabria 2007 (Club Mix) - Enur
I'm On - Nas
Whine Up - Kat DeLuna
Don't You Know?!? MUDluscious
Try Again - Aaliyah

I had a Wohnster moment the other day. You would have loved it.

WorshipKrista said...

Thanks ladies! I love recommendations! Dawn hit me up with some good old school I didn't think about and JWohn, as expected, provided some music I've never heard of.
Blackout?? You're my music hero - Wohnster or not ;)

Sara said...

oh my god. orlando bloom. he is just too beautiful. like really, too beautiful. do you know how many people were left ugly because so much beauty was used up in one person? there is a balance you know, and he has let everything out of whack.